Bring your children’ day at St Anne’s
AROUND THE CHURCHES
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for a lunch and learn with Rev Cyril Simmons entitled, ‘Your Life’s Purpose’. 11.30am to 1pm. Cost, $15. 167 North Shore Road, Pembroke.
• Women Aglow Int: Join our fellowship worship service at 9.45am when the theme will be “No Limits”, based on Mark 10:27. Light refreshments will be served. Come and praise the Lord. Astwood Hall, Church Street. Contact Brenda Webb on 293-0955.
• St Philip AME Church: All are welcome to join our men’s annual celebrations beginning with a prayer breakfast at 8am with Rev Leon Jennings of Vernon Temple AME Church. Hosted by the Men’s Ministry. Donations of $20 will be accepted. 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Wesley Methodist Church: There will be no service at Wesley. Please join us for a joint service at 11am at Emmanuel Methodist Church. The guest preacher will be Rev Richard Bowley, president of the Maritime Conference, United Church of Canada. 1 Cedar Hurst Place, Southampton.
• St Anne’s Church: We invite everyone to join our family service, “Bring Young People to Church Day”, with Rev Don Moore at 10.30am 13 Church Road, Southampton.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our annual Women’s Day services. This year’s theme is ‘Spending Time With God — Do We Really?’ Join us at 10.30am when our guest speaker will be Elder Thomas Smith and at 4pm, Rev Howard Dill. We look forward to seeing you. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s.
• Allen Temple AME Church: Join us for a four-day mass choir workshop with Audley Quallo. Registration, $10. Contact 234-0433 or email@example.com for details. 2 Temple Lane, Sound View Road, Sandys.
• St Anne’s Church: Bring a team of two or more for our scavenger hunt, ‘The Bible Leads the Way’, at 3pm. Bible verses will be supplied as clues to the locations. Prizes will be awarded. Tickets are $10; light refreshments will be served. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St Monica’s Guild: Join us as we celebrate our 109th anniversary service at 3pm at St Monica’s Church. Guest speaker. Reverend Judith Gardner of St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church. Refreshments will be served in the hall following the service. All are welcome. 8 St Monica’s Road, Pembroke.
• Allen Temple AME Church: Join us as we celebrate Mother’s Day with lunch in the Allen Temple Youth Centre at 1.30pm. Tickets, $35; children 12 and under, $15. RSVP on 234-0433 or email@example.com before May 10. 2 Temple Lane, Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Come worship with us at 43 King Street. Sabbath school starts at 9.15am and, immediately following at 11am, divine worship. For more information call the church office on 292-7885.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English): 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• New Testament Church of God Healing Centre: All are welcome to attend our Free Mart every second Saturday each month at 84 Somerset Road, Sandys. Everything is free from 8am-3pm.
• BJ Ministries International: Join us every fourth Saturday for our Sharing and Caring, Sister to Sister meeting at Radnor Road Christian Fellowship, North Shore Rd, Hamilton Parish from 10am to 1pm. Contact Beverly Jones 238-7453.
• Centenary United Methodist Church: Invites you to join us for our worship service every Sunday at 11am at the corner of Collectors Hill and South Shore Road, Smith’s. Pastor, Rev Dick Stetler; organist, Sheila Smith.
• Discovering Christianity Fellowship: Join us at 1.30pm every week in the Royal Caribbean Room at BUEI. Call 335-2916 or 238-8010.
• Greater Love Christian Fellowship: Invites you to join us at Heritage Worship Centre from 8am-9.15am. We exist to provide love and care for one another through sharing each other’s needs, burdens and joys. 59 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us in Hallett Hall, Bermuda College for Sunday school at 10am and our worship services at 11am and 4.45pm. All are welcome.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am. Call: 293-0882.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church: Join us for our 11am services at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join us for church school at 9.30am and worship and praise service at 11am at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• The Salvation Army: All are welcome to join our services at 11am and 6pm at 6 Governor’s Alley, St George’s.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for Sunday school at 10.45am. Our Easter service begins at 11am with Reverend Meredith Fraser. 41 Church Street. Call: 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. For more: 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church: Children of all ages are invited to join us for Sunday school at 11am at 7 York Street, St George’s.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church: A free giveaway of clothing on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm at 6 Beacon Hill, Sandys.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all ages on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm and the second Sunday of each month from 12pm to 2pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our 10.30am worship service with Pastor Joseph Whalen. Darryl Simons is the minister of music with Tony Cox, Derrick Simmons and Dennis Francis of the Praise Band. 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. Call: 293-7045, email@example.com or www.facebook.com/FirstUnitedMethodistChurch.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: We extend a warm Christian welcome to our church school at 9.45am. All are also welcome to join our 11am service with Rev Terry Hassell. The scripture will be Luke 24: 36-48, and the sermon topic, “After the resurrection…..now what?” 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly praise and worship service at 11.15am at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: All are welcome to join our devotional gatherings at the Bahá’í National Centre in Hamilton (entrance on Brunswick St) at 11am on the first Sunday of every month. For more: 292-2723, 293-3517 or visit www.bahai.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join our Sunday school at 9.45am and our 11am worship service. District overseer is Bishop Earl McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. Call 335-0984.
• Bahá’ís of Bermuda: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. Held in Bahá’í homes between the parishes of Warwick through Sandys. Time: 6.30pm-8pm. Call: 504-1844.
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Prayer group in the sanctuary, from 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month in the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets.
• First Church of God: A TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm on Sound View Road, Sandys. Call: 234-0492 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join Prayer First Mondays at 7pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• St Philip AME Church: Join us for Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s. Call 293-0882.
• The First Church of God: Join us as we host Daily Bread’s free dinner from 4-6pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at Collector’s Hill, Smith’s, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at TN Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail email@example.com or call 537-6480.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study at 7.30pm at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith’s.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church: Free clothing for all at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month from 11.30am to 1.30pm at 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish.
• The Anglican Church of Bermuda: Join us for an Alpha course, a ten-week series of interactive sessions exploring life’s biggest questions over dinner that runs from April 18 to June 20. There is no pressure and no charge to attend. Alpha explores life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. Alpha is for everyone whether you are a Christian or not. Text, phone or WhatsApp to register: 705-3624. Dinners will be held in the Anglican Cathedral Hall, 29 Church Street, Hamilton.
• Wesley Methodist Church: If you enjoy playing board and card games, join us on the first and third Wednesdays of each month from 3pm to 5pm on the ground floor level of the church. Light refreshments will be served. The gatherings are a part of our community outreach initiative aimed at bringing together people of like interests from all walks of life. A warm Wesley welcome is assured. Admission is free. Anyone willing to donate games or assist should contact 236-4971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• House of Prayer International Ministries: Join us for our weekly Bible class at 7.30pm at 25 Marsh Folly Road, Pembroke.
• The First Church of God: Join a TLC Bible study for worshippers of all ages at 7.30pm at 75 Sound View Road, Sandys.
• Church of Christ Paget: Join us at 7pm at Bermuda College in Brock Hall, (the room across from Coco Reef), for Bible class.
• Widows fellowship group:Every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077.
• Richard Allen AME Church: Join our Bible class at 7.30pm at 23 Queen Street, St George’s. Call 297-0239.
• St John’s Church: Join our prayer meeting at 1pm. St John’s Road, Pembroke.
• Catalyst Men’s Fellowship: Bible reflection from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church: Weekly Bible study at 7.30pm 2 Mt Zion Lane, Whale Bay Road, Southampton. For more information: www.mtzion.bm
• St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church: Join us for Bible study every Wednesday except the first of each month in the parlour in Astwood Hall at 5.30pm. Led by our pastor, Rev Judith Gardner.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church: All are welcome for our prayer meeting at 6.30pm. Call 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon with Gloria Francis. 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick.
• Church of God of Prophecy: Join us for Bible study at 7.30pm. District overseer is Bishop Earl W. McKay. 3 Curving Avenue, Pembroke. 335-0984.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our midweek prayer meeting and Bible study at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Bahá’í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm-8.30pm at Bahá’í National Centre. Contact Wayne Symonds on 516-9672 or Anthony Ball on 293-2517.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm-7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Weekly at 23 Ewing Street, 7.30pm to 9pm, call 238-5983.
• Grace Methodist Church: Join us for Bible study from 2pm-3pm with Rev Dr Gwyneth Lightbourne at 167 North Shore Road.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our YPD meeting at 7pm at 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke.
• Marsden First United Methodist Church: All are invited to attend our youth night from 6pm-9pm 151 South Shore Road, Smith’s. For more: email@example.com or on Facebook.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• E-mail notices you would like featured before Thursday at noon to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Around The Churches”
Schools ‘at an all-time low’
Pembroke man shot dead outside home
Goslings releases ‘father of all rums’
Phillip “Phoopa” Anderson (1960-2018)
BMA gets go-ahead to increase fees
Work-permit backlog cut down, says Caines
Pensions rise from January
Christmas festival moved to Warwick
Obesity: the hidden costs
Man attacks girlfriend’s mother over parking
Storm force gusts overnight
Concert promoter puts tickets on blockchain
Frederick “Penny” Bean (1936-2018)
Young Achiever: Ethan honours family name
Ten-man X-Roads left fuming
Take Our Poll