Enstar acquires Munich Re run-off portfolios
Bermudian-based Enstar Group Ltd has struck a deal to acquire some Australian run-off portfolios from subsidiaries of Munich Re.
A subsidiary of Enstar will receive total assets of approximately AUS$228.2 million (about $156.2 million) for assuming the associated net insurance reserves.
The portfolios of primarily long-tail business will be acquired from the Australian branches of Great Lakes Insurance and HSB Engineering Insurance.
The transaction is subject to approval by regulators and Federal Court of Australia.
Enstar claims to be the insurance industry’s largest standalone run-off consolidator and has approximately $18.2 billion in assets and $4.5 billion of shareholders’ equity.
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive