Hundreds of hotel workers face redundancy because of the closure of a leading Bermudian resort for almost two years.
The 18-month shuttering of the Fairmont Southampton hotel for renovations would mean about 750 layoffs, roughly 500 of them...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Sep 24, 2020 8:00 am
Bermuda’s tourism businesses are offering a full weekend of deals, discounts and special experiences to mark World Tourism...
- Sep 22, 2020 1:35 pm
Dozens of restaurants will take part in a festival celebrating Bermuda’s outdoor dining options tomorrow.
- Sep 16, 2020 5:50 pm
Tourism spending in the second quarter plunged to only $70,000 compared with the $98 million recorded for the same period last...
- Sep 4, 2020 8:00 am
As the United Nations marks World Tourism Day later this month, Bermuda Tourism Authority (BTA) is leveraging the occasion to...
- Sep 4, 2020 11:09 am
Residents can make the most of a stay in one of the island’s hotels over the next few weeks after the launch of a Staycation...
- Sep 2, 2020 8:00 am
Hotel occupancy levels viewed through the lens of the Covid-19 pandemic have left a resort’s general manager J.P. Martens...
- Aug 31, 2020 8:00 am
An outdoor dining festival, staycation promotions and sports events help to signal the island’s attractions are open for...
- Aug 28, 2020 8:00 am
Black-owned tourism businesses have been put in the spotlight on a website promoting travel to Bermuda.
The online hub,...
- Aug 27, 2020 8:00 am
Guests will return to the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club on Friday, five months after the resort ceased normal operations...
- Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm
The Covid-19 pandemic damage to the tourism industry has forced hoteliers to think long term, a resort general manager said...
- Aug 22, 2020 8:00 am
- Pompano Beach Club ready to reopen
- Inverurie reopens early
- Hotel workers to hear restart plans
- Airbnb host’s refund policy under fire
- Burt on tourism: cultural relevance the ambition
- Coco Reef reopening
- Hoteliers guarded as industry restarts
- BTA putting businesses in the spotlight
- Premier engages with BTA’s interim CEO
- Superyachts sail to safe haven of Bermuda
- Clear tests mandatory for arriving visitors
- Elbow Beach to stay shut until 2021
- Cruisers keen to travel again
- Mixed emotions as airport reopens
Fire service shown ‘total disregard’
The Spot restaurant for sale
Party leaders to engage in live forum
Brunson believes ‘disquiet is boiling’
PLP rejects independence claim
Take Our Poll