Amanda Paulos has struggled with type two diabetes for a decade.
But the 41-year-old said she was getting to grips with the chronic condition after joining a programme designed to reverse the disease.
The mother of four, from...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Tuesday Nov 21, 2017 8:00 am
The Bermuda Health Council has spoken out against on-island kidney transplants due to safety and cost concerns.
- Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am
The Ministry of Health is advising everyone older than 6 months to get a flu shot this year.
This is “particularly...
- Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm
Sexual assault can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims.
But a group of forensic nurses dedicated to...
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am
Halting the rise in obesity and diabetes will be the focus of a symposium in January.
As the island marks World...
- Nov 14, 2017 9:17 am
Bermuda is “bleeding itself to death” from the cost of treating chronic diseases.
The warning came from Hans Diehl, a...
- Nov 6, 2017 8:00 am
Bermuda’s organ donors and their families were honoured last night at a special event.
Kerrie Casey, hospital relations...
- Nov 3, 2017 8:00 am
The only occupational therapist at the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute’s child and adolescent services department is dealing...
- Nov 2, 2017 8:00 am
Children miss out on learning basic skills because the benefit of play is undervalued, child development experts said...
- Oct 27, 2017 8:00 am
Friends of Hospice is continuing the conversation on death and dying with a community event this weekend.
- Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am
Women are being given an opportunity to learn about breast health next week as part of Breast Health Awareness Month.
- Oct 19, 2017 8:00 am
- Scholarships for mental health nurses
- Volleyball event supported SunSmart
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month begins
- Combat diabetes by dressing diabolically
- Vow to tighten care home regulations
- Music executive to address mental health
- Legislation on global health threats passed
- First 3-D mammography service launches
- Specialist surgeon arrives on island
- ‘Dementia is a ticking time bomb’
- BHB launches island-wide asthma campaign
- Wilson prioritises ‘ageing well’ strategy
- Sugar tax can lead to ‘healthier diets’
- Boost for dementia patients
- Staff shortage forces closure of UCC
- ‘Sugar tax may hit businesses and jobs’
- Male nurse living his dream
- Transplant surgeon to speak at dinner
- Diabetes association welcomes sugar tax
- Health centre to shut early on Thursday
- Diabetes expert warns patients to prepare
- Celebrating a drug free lifestyle
- Advice on a healthy appetite
- Mental health system is ‘struggling’
- Bermuda to tackle hepatitis transmission
- More than 1,900 employees regain insurance
Kimathi lawyer pays price for poor conduct
Simmons defiant over gaming
‘Bermuda calling’ marketing ploy a big hit
Families tackle road deaths
Residents want quick fix of farm smells
Get fashionably fit? No sweat
Mathias replaces Kempe in Senate
Cement truck overturns on South Road
Rabain reveals plan for schools
Smith to take over from Hayward at BEST
Island risking moral bankruptcy
CedarBridge celebrates 20 years
Dan is running round the world
Views make this jewel stand out
A valuable lesson in the art of asking
Take Our Poll