From funeral homes to hospital beds, the island’s obesity crisis exacts a growing toll beyond the impact of chronic disease.
According to the Bermuda Hospitals Board, a fully equipped bariatric hospital room costs $35,000 more than a...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Dec 10, 2018 8:00 am
The chief executive of Bermuda’s health watchdog has stepped down, it was announced Friday.
The Bermuda Health Council...
- Dec 10, 2018 8:00 am
Commissioner of Police Stephen Corbishley paid a well-wishing visit to baby Iziah Freeman at the Nicklaus Children’s Hospital...
- Dec 7, 2018 2:27 pm
The X-ray unit at the Lamb Foggo Urgent Care Centre has shut while the clinic awaits replacement parts, the Bermuda Hospitals...
- Dec 7, 2018 8:00 am
A special reserve fund could help to balance the risk in one of two “transformational” health insurance options being...
- Dec 4, 2018 8:00 am
A new education campaign designed to boost knowledge about asthma was sparked by the tragic death of a young boy in Britain.
- Dec 3, 2018 8:00 am
Health minister Kim Wilson urged people to get tested for HIV as she marked World Aids Day.
Ms Wilson took part in a...
- Nov 30, 2018 3:25 pm
A pilot program designed to beam diagnostic imaging results direct to doctors and patients has been launched by the Bermuda...
- Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am
Businesses affected by the new tax on sugary products will not qualify for compensation the way providers of high-tech medical...
- Nov 27, 2018 8:00 am
Legal changes to bring midwives under the same umbrella as nurses has passed in the House of Assembly.
Kim Wilson, the...
- Nov 27, 2018 8:00 am
The Healthy Caribbean Coalition (HCC) and the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Barbados, invited Marie Beach, Department of...
- Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am
- Expert warns of dementia threat
- Health department alert over romaine lettuce
- Get fit with the Movin’ Mommas
- Views on healthcare reform imminent
- Hamilton health clinic to reopen
- Diabetes education in Portuguese on offer
- Men’s Health Screening opens
- Heavenly Blessings appeals closure order
- ‘Flu express’ rolls out this month
- Staff graduate from health programme
- BHB to host free screenings
- Call for more choice in childbirth
- Doctor to speak on tough talk with patients
- Children suffering mental health problems
- Fresh flu jabs ordered
- Breast cancer tribute car unveiled
- Doctor’s appeal for patient raises $10,000
- Doctor: look before you flush
- Commissioner’s wife backs anticancer fight
- Expert: target schools in diabetes fight
- Lupus gene found in Bermuda family
- Walk-in breast cancer scans offered
- Plan needed to look after ageing population
- Blasers make donation in Barnfield’s honour
- Atherden stands her ground on medical scans
- Hamilton health facilities relocate
- A vision-impaired world through different lenses
- Wilson: we will fix problems at health centre
- Health watchdog monitors new care model
- Dental clinic reopens in St George’s
- Hamilton Health Centre reopening delayed
- BHeC refuses comment on medical scan advice
- BHB launches poetry contest
- Police investigate alleged child sex assault
- Hamilton Health Centre shut down for the week
- ‘Rethink pink’ for breast cancer awareness
- Hospital goes pink for breast cancer
- Fountain awarded medical fellowship
- Nurse can write prescriptions
- Doctor to detail new health fee model
Schools ‘at an all-time low’
Pembroke man shot dead outside home
Phillip “Phoopa” Anderson (1960-2018)
Goslings releases ‘father of all rums’
BMA gets go-ahead to increase fees
Work-permit backlog cut down, says Caines
Pensions rise from January
Christmas festival moved to Warwick
Obesity: the hidden costs
Man attacks girlfriend’s mother over parking
Storm force gusts overnight
Concert promoter puts tickets on blockchain
Frederick “Penny” Bean (1936-2018)
Young Achiever: Ethan honours family name
Ten-man X-Roads left fuming
Take Our Poll