Woman found dead in Pembroke named
Police have named a woman found dead at her Pembroke home on Saturday as Virginia Deborah Kay Smith.
A spokesman said the 81-year-old, better known to her family and friends as Kay, was found at her Cedar Avenue residence at about 7am.
The spokesman added that Ms Smith was found in an “unresponsive state” and was subsequently pronounced dead by a doctor.
He said: “Foul play is not suspected. However, an autopsy is anticipated.”
• This article was amended to correct Ms Smith’s age, after the Bermuda Police Service clarified the information it initially provided
Burt prepared to wait on Brexit verdict
Government in $500m debt sale
Corbishley: island must debate speed limit
One Communications workers stage ‘sit-out’
Care Learning Centre graduates eight
Shanna living her dancing dream
New Haus units offered at below $400,000
HomeSafe Bermuda to expand by Christmas
Bermudians get London training with Kennedys
Barriers quickly erected at Watch Hill Park
CoH critical of reform consultation process
DeSilva accuses Scott of ‘scaremongering’
Young entrepreneurs at fever pitch
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive