Cruise ship drops off sick passenger
A cruise ship diverted to Bermuda yesterday to drop off a sick passenger.
A Bermuda Maritime Operations Centre spokesman said the agent for Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas told them on Tuesday evening that the ship would change course for Bermuda so the 71-year-old man could receive medical attention.
The liner, en route from Basseterre in St Kitts to Bayonne, New Jersey, arrived off the island to transfer the patient to a pilot boat about 4.30pm.
The man was taken by ambulance to the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital.
New Haus units offered at below $400,000
HomeSafe Bermuda to expand by Christmas
Bermudians get London training with Kennedys
Barriers quickly erected at Watch Hill Park
CoH critical of reform consultation process
Tourist caught with magic mushrooms
DeSilva accuses Scott of ‘scaremongering’
Young entrepreneurs at fever pitch
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive