Shark Bait book the perfect Bermuda catch
I recently purchased a copy of Séan O’Connell’s book, Shark Bait, and found it a good read for a number of reasons:
• It is a true Bermuda story, well written and compellingly told; good to see local authors
• Séan mentions other local legends such as the late David Saul, key to Séan’s successful non-stop swim around Bermuda, an event that made it into the Guinness Book of Records
• This feat was the first of its kind in other ways, too, as a charity fundraiser, in this case for the Bermuda Physically Handicapped Association
• I was a student at the Bermuda College in 1976 when this historic event took place
• Dr O’Connell was a well-known lecturer who was friendly to all the students; what a great role model
So here’s to inspiration and dreams, and to believing in ourselves, Bermuda.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Séan, and I hope many people will join me with a copy of Shark Bait on their coffee table.
If you prefer a live experience or would like a signed copy as a Christmas gift, Séan is giving a talk at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute at 7.30pm on December 5.
Windrush-style warning for Bermuda
Confronting the issue
Choice of Hargun as Chief Justice defended
Duffy calls for triathlon ‘wall of noise’
Triathlon trial run to close roads tomorrow
Wells vows to make improvements
Take Our Poll