Shark Bait book the perfect Bermuda catch
I recently purchased a copy of Séan O’Connell’s book, Shark Bait, and found it a good read for a number of reasons:
• It is a true Bermuda story, well written and compellingly told; good to see local authors
• Séan mentions other local legends such as the late David Saul, key to Séan’s successful non-stop swim around Bermuda, an event that made it into the Guinness Book of Records
• This feat was the first of its kind in other ways, too, as a charity fundraiser, in this case for the Bermuda Physically Handicapped Association
• I was a student at the Bermuda College in 1976 when this historic event took place
• Dr O’Connell was a well-known lecturer who was friendly to all the students; what a great role model
So here’s to inspiration and dreams, and to believing in ourselves, Bermuda.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Séan, and I hope many people will join me with a copy of Shark Bait on their coffee table.
If you prefer a live experience or would like a signed copy as a Christmas gift, Séan is giving a talk at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute at 7.30pm on December 5.
Take Our Poll