Shark Bait book the perfect Bermuda catch
I recently purchased a copy of Séan O’Connell’s book, Shark Bait, and found it a good read for a number of reasons:
• It is a true Bermuda story, well written and compellingly told; good to see local authors
• Séan mentions other local legends such as the late David Saul, key to Séan’s successful non-stop swim around Bermuda, an event that made it into the Guinness Book of Records
• This feat was the first of its kind in other ways, too, as a charity fundraiser, in this case for the Bermuda Physically Handicapped Association
• I was a student at the Bermuda College in 1976 when this historic event took place
• Dr O’Connell was a well-known lecturer who was friendly to all the students; what a great role model
So here’s to inspiration and dreams, and to believing in ourselves, Bermuda.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Séan, and I hope many people will join me with a copy of Shark Bait on their coffee table.
If you prefer a live experience or would like a signed copy as a Christmas gift, Séan is giving a talk at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute at 7.30pm on December 5.
Kandice’s story ends tragically
Lawyer recalls having ‘no ability to eat’
Former apprentice appointed Belco president
Call for paramedics to save lives on island
Burt brokers talks to end Belco dispute
Gunshots in Happy Valley latest of ‘spate’
Fourteen arrested for impaired driving
Crypto business banking remains a challenge
Take Our Poll