Clubs handed chance to hold meeting with ICC
Local cricket club presidents will get the chance to meet with the International Cricket Council’s Americas regional manager Fara Gorsi during a Zoom meeting on Monday evening.
Most of the presidents have expressed to the Bermuda Cricket Board their willingness to participate in the meeting which was arranged by the president Lloyd Smith and Calvin Blankendal, the executive director.
The meeting is deemed groundbreaking as the ICC usually only meets directly with the president and CEO of each member country.
Gorsi will advise the presidents of upcoming programmes and the BCB’s future in cricket advancement.
A BCB spokesperson said: “BCB president Lloyd Smith and Executive Director Cal Blankendal have advocated for our club presidents to have direct access to the ICC Americas Regional Director, so that they can be advised on the programming and vision for 2021.
“It is important that the president of each club attends this groundbreaking meeting.”
Take Our Poll
- "With Kathy Lynn Simmons becoming an MP, which Cabinet minister is likely to get the chop?"
- Lt-Col David Burch (Public Works)
- Lovitta Foggo (Community Affairs, Sport)
- Wayne Furbert (Cabinet Office)
- Jason Hayward (Labour)
- Renee Ming (National Security)
- Diallo Rabain (Education)
- Neville Tyrrell (Transport)
- Kim Wilson (Health)
- Total Votes: 1463
- Poll Archive