Driver gets 18-month road ban
A 47-year-old man caught riding a motorbike while more than double the drink-driving limit was banned yesterday for 18 months.
Calvin Trott, from Smith’s, was also fined $1,200 at Magistrates’ Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo heard that Trott was stopped by police as he rode along South Road, Devonshire, at about 10.30pm on December 23 last year.
Trott admitted to officers that he had drank Guinness and vodka that evening.
A breath test showed that he had 189 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood — more than twice the limit of 80mg per 100ml.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Corbishley: island must debate speed limit
Government in $500m debt sale
Shanna living her dancing dream
OBA wants action on ‘flatlining economy’
Burt prepared to wait on Brexit verdict
Care Learning Centre graduates eight
New Haus units offered at below $400,000
HomeSafe Bermuda to expand by Christmas
Bermudians get London training with Kennedys
Barriers quickly erected at Watch Hill Park
CoH critical of reform consultation process
DeSilva accuses Scott of ‘scaremongering’
Young entrepreneurs at fever pitch
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive