Opioids and cannabis are hot topics for the insurance industry, and both present challenges for brokers and risk managers.
Some of those risks and emerging risks were brought into focus by two US-based experts from global law firm Dentons,...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Friday Feb 14, 2020 8:00 am
American International Group has reported a profit of $922 million, or $1.03 per diluted common share, for the fourth...
- Feb 13, 2020 5:07 pm
Ten students from Berkeley Institute learnt about career opportunities in the life re/insurance sector at a lunch and learn...
- Feb 12, 2020 8:00 am
Arch Capital Group Ltd posted net income of $316 million for the fourth quarter.
The Bermudian re/insurer said the...
- Feb 11, 2020 6:21 pm
Bermudian-based Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited has raised about $300 million of equity capital from a combination of its...
- Feb 11, 2020 12:52 pm
Technology is driving the winds of change in the insurance industry.
Insurers are facing pressures to operate more...
- Feb 10, 2020 8:00 am
Discussions about the possible sale of PartnerRe have been confirmed by the company that owns the Bermudian-based...
- Feb 9, 2020 2:26 pm
Global re/insurer Chubb saw its strongest premium revenue growth in five years in the fourth quarter of last year and its...
- Feb 7, 2020 8:00 am
Bermudian-based Argo Group has appointed Carol McFate to its board.
“We’re honoured to welcome Carol to our board. This...
- Feb 7, 2020 12:51 pm
PartnerRe may be up for sale, according to a report that cites a London banking source.
The Bermudian-based reinsurer...
- Feb 7, 2020 8:00 am
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd has agreed to sell its Trident Public Risk Solutions brand and underwriting platform to...
- Feb 6, 2020 2:54 pm
- MultiStrat completes $205m casualty ILS deal
- Promotions at Fidelis Insurance
- Radian in $488m insurance-linked notes deal
- RenRe names new chief HR officer
- Essent taps ILS market for $496m
- Axis CEO sees ‘price momentum accelerating’
- Watford strengthens loss reserves
- Everest utilises Dovetail’s online platform
- Carr joins Bowring Marsh from AIG
- HSCM leads Gracie Point $50m capital raise
- Everest and Embroker launch new policy
- Symms takes Fidelis reinsurance relationships role
- James to join Sompo International
- Inniss found guilty of money laundering
- Bermuda welcomed 22 new captives in 2019
- BlackRock’s green move may impact insurers
- Fitch: firming of pricing likely to continue
- Weather-related losses impact Axis’ earnings
- Sforza joins Hamilton from PartnerRe
- First crypto captive sets up in Bermuda
- Chubb’s path to best-in-class green building
- Chubb estimates cat losses at $430m
- Kelley joins Ed Bermuda from Sompo
- Markel names Green head of Bermuda claims
- Tysers invests in new MGA Helix
- Catalina boosts board with two appointments
- Helix launches island platform
- Ramsay leaves BDA with call for collaboration
- Captive relocates from Bermuda to Kazakhstan
- Carter joins Sompo
- Greenberg to receive lifetime award next week
- Axis appoints two renewables underwriters
- BMA wants insurers to boost cyberdefences
- New leadership for Abir policy committee
- Biltir seeks summer intern applications
- Cunningham joins Watford as CRO
- Carter named CUO at Sompo GRS
- Island’s insurers grow cyber-risk premiums
- Hamilton Insurance renames ILS platform
- Tokio Marine to sell 1.7m RenRe shares
Angry DeSilva hints at change for tourism
‘An innocent person could die’
Pressure group hits back at Burt broadside
Girls in Tech aims to close IT gender gap
O’Hara turns surfing passion into business
Northern maritime beacons not working
Mussenden takes aim at financial crime
Colts cause upset in fiery contest
Mary Prince Day wins parliamentary approval
Burt addresses passport problems
Summary of prisons report to be released
Romeo and Juliet comes to Bermuda
Police: two people still missing
House: economic hope from submarine cables
Burt: Bermuda primed to deal with Brexit
Biff film Puzzle is a real crowd pleaser
Take Our Poll