A subsidiary of Bermudian-based insurer Axis Capital has filed a lawsuit seeking relief from paying for the defence costs of film-maker Harvey Weinstein in connection with pending civil and criminal litigation — including rape charges against him...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Sep 24, 2018 8:00 am
A new company that will allow investors to buy and sell insurance risks much as they do stocks is planning to launch in...
- Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am
Marsh & McLennan Companies plans to cut its global workforce by as much as 5 per cent after it completes the planned $5.7...
- Sep 20, 2018 8:00 am
Members of the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers made a direct economic contribution to Bermuda of about $843...
- Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm
The body that represents Bermuda’s international life insurers and reinsurers has hired Ronnie Klein as senior...
- Sep 19, 2018 1:19 pm
Joanne Richardson has taken over the helm at media insurer Mutual Insurance Company Ltd.
The Bermudian company announced...
- Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am
Vince Beilman, a Florida lawyer who has represented some of the world’s largest insurance carriers and Fortune 500 companies,...
- Sep 19, 2018 12:47 pm
Fourteen Bermudian rising re/insurance stars travelled to New York City as part of a tour facilitated by the Bermuda Under-40s...
- Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am
Marsh & McLennan Companies has agreed to buy insurance and reinsurance broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson for about $5.7...
- Sep 18, 2018 12:09 pm
Insured losses resulting from Hurricane Florence will be about $2.5 billion, according to catastrophe modellers Karen Clark...
- Sep 18, 2018 8:00 am
Bermudian-based property and casualty insurance and reinsurance run-off group, Premia Holdings Ltd, has announced the...
- Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am
- Faries and Fox to speak at Alarys
- S&P: Florence will not test reinsurers
- Diversity festival to spark call for action
- Catlin: market worse than executives admit
- AIG working on legacy risk unit build-out
- Watson sees great insurtech potential
- Twelve people to lose jobs at Markel
- Axa completes acquisition of XL Group
- Duffy to take leading role at AIG in Bermuda
- Lancashire announces promotions
- Axa’s acquisition of XL nears completion
- S&P raises Oil Insurance rating to A
- Everest recruits three for cyber unit
- US tax reform ‘not the end’ for Bermuda
- PwC spotlights blockchain at insurance event
- Piprate and RenRe prove blockchain platform
- Bermuda set to lead reinsurtech revolution
- PartnerRe’s Clarke strikes optimistic note
- XL Catlin reveals new space insurance policy
- Duperreault sees huge potential for ILS
- BF&M’s ratings affirmed by AM Best
- Island withstanding reinsurance challenges
- Abir highlights island insurers’ EU impact
- Catalina hires M&A specialist
- Rating agencies positive on Nephila takeover
- Scor shoots down report of PartnerRe talks
- Zacks: Maiden-Enstar deal works for both
- Sompo launches Luxembourg subsidiary
- Nephila to be bought out by Markel
- Maiden sells US unit to Enstar for $307.5m
- Maiden sells off some US renewal rights
- Dowd named as new chairman of PartnerRe
- Catastrophe losses could derail Aspen buyout
- Apollo to buy Aspen in $2.6bn deal
- Duo complete Hamilton Re internship
- Hiscox Re names new North America chairman
- Kopser joins XL Catlin from AIG
- Willis interns thrive on opportunity
- New product for high-net-worth clients
- Busy conference season ahead for Bermuda
Hundreds stopped by roadside sobriety tests
Kempe: OBA must sever all links with UBP
Drink-driver who flipped car banned
Expanding Bacardi has added to island staff
Speeding driver was over the limit
Fintech start-up Laureate chooses Bermuda
Cannonier is new Opposition leader
Take Our Poll