Bermuda’s insurance-linked securities sector is continuing to boom after a year in which it was tested by significant hurricane losses.
The Bermuda Stock Exchange ended April with total ILS market capitalisation of $28 billion, a record...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday May 21, 2018 8:00 am
A year-long series of events aimed at promoting the professional development of women in the insurance and reinsurance sectors...
- May 21, 2018 8:00 am
XL Catlin’s insurance business has launched an insurance package aimed at the mid to large visitor attraction sector,...
- May 17, 2018 8:00 am
Bermudian-based insurer Colonial Group International Ltd is set to broaden its market presence in the Caribbean after it...
- May 16, 2018 8:00 am
Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd is planning to set up a new insurance subsidiary in Ireland in response to Britain’s impending...
- May 15, 2018 10:41 am
Arch Capital Group Ltd has named François Morin as its new chief financial officer.
The Bermudian-based insurer and...
- May 15, 2018 10:01 am
SOUTHAMPTON, Bermuda — Coral reefs, mangroves and even some fish could soon have their own insurance policies as the industry...
- May 15, 2018 8:00 am
Carol Redahan as been appointed senior vice-president, controller, by Hamilton Re.
She will report to Vanessa Hardy...
- May 15, 2018 2:44 pm
A number of executives will leave XL Group in the coming months in anticipation of the completion of the $15.3 billion...
- May 15, 2018 2:20 pm
XL Catlin has announced an insurance solution that supports the design, development, testing and implementation of autonomous...
- May 15, 2018 12:35 pm
Brent Hoffman has been appointed global head of claims at XL Catlin.
He joined XL in 2014 and held the position of...
- May 15, 2018 8:00 am
- Munich Re injects $330m into Bermuda entity
- Insured losses from US storms top $1.5bn
- Branson urges action on ocean protection
- Maiden CEO thanks clients for loyalty
- Argo Group hosts Endeavour students
- Insurance seen leading positive ocean change
- Support for blue carbon credits project
- Third Point Re posts $26m loss
- Hiscox CEO: ‘Good sense receding’ in market
- Biltir gives maths tutorials at CedarBridge
- Enstar results hit by bond valuation fall
- Essent still sees a Bermuda tax advantage
- AIG shares slide after results fall short
- Argo Group net income falls to $24.8m
- Lancashire profit rises to $40.5m
- XL reports $152.6m profit in ‘solid start’
- Athene’s net earnings fall 30%
- Aspen sees premium growth but profit falls
- Arch earnings fall to $137m
- White Mountains reports $48m loss
- S&P upgrades Sompo International to A+
- RenRe CEO upbeat on first quarter
- Blue Capital profit hit by Irma losses
- Guy Carpenter promotes Fletcher
- Axis profit climbs to $63m
- Insurtech start-up embraces Bermuda
- Captive conference boosts hospice charity
- Record first quarter non-life ILS issuance
- Assured Guaranty: Einhorn doesn’t get it
- Top lawyers update Bermuda Form guide
- R&Q subsidiary has new underwriting partner
- Mudslides impact Chubb’s income
- Sompo International gives Kuhn extra role
- Somerset Re hires Braverman
- Argo to switch share listing to NYSE
- Sompo gets green light for Luxembourg hub
- Bond insurer’s ILS another first for Bermuda
- Axis Re hires former AIG executive as CUO
- Athora buys Belgian insurer in $668m deal
- AM Best affirms Athene’s A rating
Four arrested after gun attack at bar
Judge rules $33,770 was proceeds of drugs
Drunk driver fell over twice
Webber steps down as BDA CEO
Lovell tried to flee from police
Win someone a perfect smile
Crash reports down by 41 per cent
Take Our Poll